November 14, 2008

Birthday Presents & Laundry Baskets

So, this Sunday is my mom's birthday...and I have NO idea what to get for her.

She told me she wanted gold hoop earrings. I know I am a girl, but I have no idea what that means. I am not really a hoop girl - I have a few pairs, but I don't wear them often. I keep looking at the choices and I am not feeling the love for any of them. None of them say "Mom" to me. So many of them, however, say pirate, which is not a good look for my mother. So, if I don't get her hoops, I have no clue what else she might want. I usually don't have this difficulty when shopping for her, so I don't know why I can't pick a good present.

(Sidebar: I just spent the past 10 minutes looking for the remote, which fell under the coffee table. I pulled the cushions off the couch and threw throw pillows around the room before I found it. How aggrivating.)

I am going to bake her birthday cake. The request was an angel food cake with strawberries and Cool-Whip. She was going to bake her own cake, but I can't let her do that...it's so sad! My mom's birthday falls at an unfortunate time of year: Deer Season. My dad's the mighty hunter and my mother is a casualty of war. Dad will be hunting all weekend, which is why Mom was planning on baking her own cake. And my dad apparently is only going to hunt for a half day on Sunday in honor of Mom's birthday. So, the big family dinner for her birthday, with the famous cake, will be Sunday evening. And since I have not bought the gift yet, I need to get shopping.

Which means I need to shop tomorrow or Sunday before dinner. But, here lies the problem: I have to do laundry tomorrow. B was in NYC last weekend with his mom (a topic for another ramble...) so I was lazy and did not do any. So there is a lot to be done and I will be doing it alone because B has to work Saturday. I am a little apprehensive about the laundry after what happened the last time I tried to walk through the lawn with a laundry basket...

No comments: